The Health Workforce Scholarship Program was established in 2017 to provide scholarships and bursaries to eligible remote and rural medical, nursing and allied health professionals, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Workers, to improve their skills and expand their scope of practice. By supporting health professionals to expand their theoretical and practical skills, this ensures Queensland’s remote and rural communities are able to access health professionals and services most in need.
Health Workforce Queensland manages the Health Workforce Scholarship Program for medical, nursing and allied health professionals practicing in Queensland and will provide:
- Scholarships to postgraduate health professionals undertaking further study in the field of medicine, nursing or allied health; and
- Bursary or support payments to rural health professionals in the field of medicine, nursing, allied health or Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Health, participating in development and upskilling courses.
Scholarships will be provided to health professionals in remote and rural communities with the greatest primary health workforce and service needs.
To be eligible for the Scholarship Program applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Health professionals in the fields of medicine, nursing or allied health, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Workers.
- Provide services or intend to provide services to MMM 3-7 locations. (Please see DoctorConnect to check your MMM location. Please note, MMM 3-7 locations DO NOT include Brisbane, the Gold Coast, and most of the Sunshine Coast, Toowoomba and main regional coastal centres north of Brisbane.)
- Not be employed solely by the Queensland Government, including the State Health Department (e.g. employed in a public hospital).
Please read the Health Workforce Scholarship Program Application Information for the detailed eligibility criteria.
Click here to apply
Applications for the Scholarship Program open Monday 20 November 2017. Applications will be accepted until 11:59pm on Wednesday 20 December 2017. A separate application must be submitted for each course you wish to undertake.