Click on a photo below to scroll through the Photo Gallery
Over 200 delegates attended the IAHA 2015 National Conference, Allied Health – Stepping into Action, 1 – 2 December 2015 at the Pullman Cairns International in Cairns, Queensland. The theme of this conference captured the diverse interdisciplinary action that occurs within the allied health sector, and how sustained holistic, strengths based approaches to health and wellbeing can achieve Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health equality.
At this 2 day conference delegates from a diverse range of disciplines had opportunities to:
- Experience national and international perspectives from Indigenous keynote speakers in the allied and wider health, research, education and community sectors;
- Develop professional and personal skills and knowledge through interactive workshops that focus on interprofessional approaches to motivational interviewing, autism spectrum disorders, resilience and reflective practice, eye health, managing change, Indigenous research, culturally safe and responsive practice and collaborative team-based problem solving;
- Explore innovation in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health and allied health at over 20 concurrent presentations;
- Build and strengthen relationships and experience national networking opportunities; and
- Celebrate success at the IAHA 2015 National Indigenous Allied Health Awards and Gala Dinner.