2 x Aboriginal Health Worker Positions – Youth Case Worker -Closing 9th May 2021
Bulgarr Ngaru Medical Aboriginal Corporation are looking for TWO qualified Aboriginal Health Practitioners with a focus on Youth Health to join our Clarence Valley teams.
The purpose of this position is to provide general youth work, advocacy and case coordination to strengthen the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal young people across the BNMAC Clarence Valley footprint. This position will be based in Grafton and work across locations including Grafton, South Grafton, Yamba, Maclean, Malabugilmah & Baryulgil. This position will work collaboratively with other BNMAC programs and staff to:
- Provide access to good quality health, well-being and service information
- Facilitate supported referral to local services and programs
- Provide advocacy & case coordination for young people, observing privacy and confidentiality and ensuring the program is culturally sensitive, person-centred and trauma-informed.
- Develop & deliver Youth & Community activities and events to enhance community connections
- Work collaboratively with other community initiatives & stakeholders.
- Aboriginality is a genuine requirement of this position, exemptions claimed under Section 14D of the Anti-Discrimination Act NSW 1977.
- Demonstrable connection to Aboriginal Communities
- Demonstrated experience of working independently and/or showing initiative in relation to client care
- Understanding and knowledge of organisations and support services locally
- Previous experience working with youth
- Excellent communication, time management and organisational skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of, respect for and compliance with culturally appropriate ways of working with Aboriginal individuals, families and communities
- Demonstrated knowledge of the primary health care setting in a variety of locations or ability to develop this knowledge base in the brief period of time.
- Computer literacy and a high standard of report writing
- Driver’s License
Type of Employment
Full time (38 hours/week)
Application closes: 5.00pm Sunday 9th May, 2021.
Don’t miss the opportunity to join this fantastic team of health professionals. To apply, please complete your information below and submit your CV and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria. If you have any questions, or would like to arrange for a confidential discussion about the role please contact NAH@nswrdn.com.au
April 27, 2021
Posted by: Renae Kilmister