Applications are now open!
Aboriginal Allied Health Cadetship
Want to work in a job where you can make a difference to help improve the health of our Aboriginal people and communities?
Professional entry-level Allied Health courses include:
– Nutrition & Dietetics
– Occupational Therapy
– Orthotics and Prosthetics
– Social Work
– Speech Pathology
The SWSLHD Aboriginal Allied Health Cadetships offers the cadets:
– A study allowance of $600 per fortnight (minus tax) commencing at the beginning of each academic year, for a maximum of up to 40 weeks. Cadets also receive $500 each semester for books and equipment.
– A work placement of up to 12 weeks in paid employment in an allied health role in a local public health facility.
– The opportunity to consolidate theoretical knowledge and to practise clinical skills in a public health facility during a work placement period.
– The opportunity to work in a local public health facility while completing allied health studies.
– An income while studying.
– Support and mentoring by professionals – both Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal – already working within health settings.
– The opportunity to develop both cultural and allied health links.
– Clinical support and mentoring.
– Potential for ongoing employment once graduated.
CLOSING DATE: 13th October 2019
For further infomration, please contact the SWSLHD Aboriginal Workforce Team on telephone (02) 8738 5713 or (02) 8738 5933. Alternatively, you may email SWSLHD-AboriginalWorkforce@health.nsw.gov.au
This is a temporary position and classified as an Allied Health Assistant. The location of the site is negotiable between all facilities and services covered by South Western Sydney Local Health District.