Aboriginal Mental Health Professional Level 3 and Peer Workers
This position provides practical support services to aid clinical staff within the multidisciplinary team. In coordination with the multidisciplinary team, the Mental Health Care Worker will be involved in the initiation of appropriate general service delivery and providing mental healthcare while maintaining the safety and security of the patients and staff in the forensic hospital.
Current NSW Driving licence.
- Provide Mental Health Care Worker services to all wards when required and complete any other duties in accordance with the MHCW role as directed by Nursing Unit Manager or Deputy Director of Nursing.
- To be an active member of the unit’s multidisciplinary team, in relation to proactively engaging in patient care and fulfilling operational activities/tasks.
- To assist in the facilitation and development of diversional, therapeutic, recreational and educational activities both on and off the unit, under the supervision of nursing staff or a member of the multidisciplinary team.
- Respond and assist in the management of emergencies when required or directed by nursing staff or a member of the multidisciplinary team.
- To escort patients on internal ground access and external leave as required or directed by nursing staff or a member of the multidisciplinary team.
- Document patient observations and interactions in the patient’s health record where required, under the supervision of nursing staff or a member of the multidisciplinary team.
- To assist in creating a secure and calm environment within the principles of Therapeutic Security. To have working knowledge of mental health and recovery issues and to maintain a positive attitude towards people with a mental illness
- Adhere to all Ministry of Health and Justice Health & Forensic Mental Health Network policies and procedures.
Closes 11th January 2021
December 17, 2020
Posted by: Jordyn Townsend