The Townsville Hospital and Health Service vision is one of excellence… to emerge the leader in health care, research and education for regional Australia.
Do you have what it takes to make a substantial contribution to our vision?
- Excited to take the next step in your career mission?
- Passionate, committed and dedicated to your profession?
- Prepared to question and advocate for what is important?
About your opportunity
As a member of the Cultural Assessment & Liaison Team (CALT), Adult Program Area you will participate in and contribute to the delivery of a culturally sensitive and appropriate mental health care service to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander clients who access the Acute Care Services, inclusive of the Acute Care Team Adult Acute Inpatient Mental Health Unit and the Drug & Alcohol Brief Intervention Team.
- A Certificate IV in Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care is a mandatory qualification for this role.
- Under s25 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991, there is a genuine occupational requirement for the incumbent to be Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander to work with the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community. Please complete the attached evidence of attribute document as this forms part of your application.
- ‘C’ class motor vehicle licence.
Generous remuneration package value up to $76,298 p.a. comprising salary range of $60,981 to $66,872 p.a. (OO4), 17.5% leave loading, 12.75 % employer contribution to superannuation. Other employment benefits may include: professional development, salary sacrificing options, shift and locality allowances, corporate discounts, wellness programs and the EAP.
Why make the change?
Our gorgeous weather promotes an outdoor lifestyle as the sun shines nearly all year round (320+ days/year). Enjoy the benefits of urban living without being trapped in a commuter nightmare of metropolitan traffic. Appreciate the country town `feel’ and change your pace as you absorb the local tropical/coastal flow.
The city heart provides opportunity for boutique shopping, fine dining experiences, cultural events and a bustling nightlife. The Strand is Townsville’s waterfront esplanade; take a stroll along the picturesque paths, do some shopping or attend the night markets, be spoilt for choice with alfresco dining options, sit and relax while the kids play at the water park or one of the family fun areas. Picnic and BBQ facilities are available, as well as gym equipment (including a rock climbing wall) and amenities. Swim in the man-made rockpool or the lifeguard monitored beaches. All with magnificent views of the jewel in Townsville’s crown, Magnetic Island. A short, scenic ferry ride will get you there.
For a confidential discussion please contact Sally Gela on 07 4433 9480.
Applications close on Wednesday 1 January 2020.