The Public Health Association of Australia (PHAA) and the Foundation for Alcohol Research and Education (FARE) invite you to the Australasian Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD) Conference in Brisbane on 19- 20 November 2013.
This conference aims to share knowledge about FASD and bring people together from around the region to exchange ideas, practice, research and policy discourse. Join us in creating change in the region.
The Conference is relevant to:
- Families and people with FASD
- Parents and carers of people with FASD (foster care and parenting organisations)
- Paediatricians, physiotherapists, speech pathologists, psychologists, occupational therapists
- People working in the criminal justice system, child protection, social and health services
- General practitioner, allied and public health workers
- Public servants and those working in non-government agencies
- Aboriginal Health Workers and community sector workers
- People working in the alcohol and other drug, mental health and related sectors
- Researchers and academics, Policy makers and program managers
Experts from both Australia and New Zealand will present on the latest research and national responses to FASD, with those from government and non-government sectors showcasing their work.