Job Opportunity at Kalwun & Qld Human Rights Commission Indigenous graduate program: 2022 intake
Social Health Care Coordinator with Kalwun Coomera Clinic (Permanent full-time position)
Closing Date: 21/08/2022
Social Health Care Coordinator (Coomera clinic) full-time positionWe are looking for a motivated Social Health Care Coordinator to provide coordination of supports to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander clients who experience complex social and mental health conditions. The successful applicant will work collegially with other social health practitioners to deliver tailored services to ensure optimal client outcomes. In this role, you will:
- Conduct initial triage/assessment of referrals to aid allocation
- Support the intake and assessment process and being a central point of contact and access for clients, particularly those with multiple, complex presenting issues and the provision of support to acute/crisis presentations
- Undertake comprehensive assessment of clients’ psychological needs in consultation with the client and work with the client to develop a strengths focused plan that sets out priorities and actions, including defining support/interventions from other social health practitioners or external providers
- Manage a caseload of complex clients ensuring systematic contact and follow up with clients to ensure priorities and actions are met, in conjunction with other team members (eg: psychologist, counsellors, team leaders) to enhance levels of support and case support planning
- Deliver direct support and advocacy work to facilitate case management goals
- Process new referrals to the social health intake register and case management database
- Maintain the intake register and manage wait lists for social health practitioners
To be successful in this role, you will have
- Current CPR Certificate
- Current Blue Card (Working with Children Check)
- Minimum Diploma of Health Services/Social Services/Social Sciences or related field
- Demonstrated ability to meet targets and performance outcomes
Desirable, but not mandatory
- Demonstrated experience working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and/or communities
Kalwun benefitsKalwun values the contributions of all staff and is committed to providing an inclusive workplace where all staff feel accepted, included and welcomed. Our Employees enjoy a variety of benefits including:
- Competitive salary plus salary sacrifice of $15,000 per annum
- Company that is focused on improving the health and wellbeing of our community
- Five weeks of annual leave per year
- Additional paid personal leave
- This position requires the successful applicant to satisfy a national criminal history check and hold a current drivers’ license and Blue Card.
- Due to the Workers in a Healthcare Setting Direction, applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be eligible to apply for this role.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander persons are encouraged to apply.
To applyPlease send a current CV with a cover letter outlining your suitability for the position and addressing each of the selection criteria via website link.
More Info: Emma Milera, Social Health Manager. E: Emma.Milera@kalwun.com.au
Qld Human Rights Commission Indigenous graduate program: 2022 intake
The Commission is accepting applications for the 2022 intake of the Indigenous graduate program.
This program aims to build human rights capability among Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander graduates in Queensland and is a great opportunity for a graduate.
There are three positions available:
- a law graduate position in Brisbane,
- a graduate position in any discipline in Rockhampton, and
- a graduate position in any discipline in Townsville.
Applications are open to any Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander tertiary graduates who have graduated since 1 January 2020. The position is for immediate start for a period of 18 months.
Closing Date: 16th August 2022
Indigenous graduate program: 2022 intake weblink QHRC : Work with us
More info: Victoria Bell-Locke, A/ Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community Engagement Coordinator. P: 07 3021 9167
August 11, 2022
Posted by: Renae Kilmister
Next article: 2022 World Physiotherapy Day