Join the IAHA Team NSW Project Support Officer closes 14th May
Job description NSW Project Support Officer
- Join a dynamic Indigenous member organisation
- Work to increase access to culturally responsive allied health care and improve the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Sydney or Lismore NSW based positions ($74,929 – $82,200 gross) full-time – depending on skills and experience + superannuation and salary sacrifice options
- Only Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people to apply
This role is an identified position open to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates only. This is intended to constitute a special measure in line with the Discrimination Act 1991 (ACT) subsection 27 (1)(b) and the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth) subsection 8(1).
Indigenous Allied Health Australia Ltd (IAHA) is a national not-for-profit, member based Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander allied health organisation. IAHA was established in 2009, from a network of committed allied health professionals and is now a registered company limited by guarantee.
IAHA is a vibrant organisation, with total membership growing at around 20% per annum, with a wide range of active partnerships and whose input and collaboration is being sought from an increasing array of professional, government and community stakeholders.
IAHA values people working to improve the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, especially where those efforts recognise Indigenous concepts of health and well-being, including a holistic approach to health care; the value of education and other social determinants; the right to self-determination for Aboriginal and Torre Strait Islander people; their cultures, spirituality and traditions of wellness and health.
The Project Support Officer positions are important members of the IAHA team and will play a crucial role in ensuring that IAHA project activities are focused, engage with and have the support of community and other key stakeholders.
They will form part of a new team that will focus on health promotion, education and learning, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander student support, community engagement and project development focused on establishing and progressing innovative education and career development pathways, notably IAHA Health Academies for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Project’s emphasis culturally safe and responsive education and learning from school to VET and/or university training and into skilled employment.
Some of the duties include but not limited to:
- Liaising and coordinating activity with a wide range of partners and stakeholders, across Government, non-Government, community and corporate sectors, including both Indigenous and non-Indigenous health, educational, professional and service delivery bodies.
- Contributing to the development and delivery of projects to promote education and health workforce development with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander high school students, university students, communities, organisations and stakeholders to successfully deliver the IAHA National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Academies across NSW.
- Facilitating and supporting curriculum and teaching in allied health across the VET sector particularly within a school-based traineeship program.
- Navigation and coordination of VET sector training and education to employment opportunities in the allied health, Indigenous health, aged care, disability and/or community services sectors
If you are keen to work in an innovative organisation and make a real difference – email: firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a position description or directly send your cover letter and resume explaining why you would be perfect for either of these roles..
Applications must be received by 5pm (AEST) on Friday 14th May 2021
For more info and to apply, head to https://www.seek.com.au/job/52012837
April 20, 2021
Posted by: Charlie