Medical Receptionist Bulgarr Ngaru Medical Aboriginal Corporation Grafton, NSW – Closing 9th May 2021
Bulgarr Ngaru Medical Aboriginal Corporation (BNMAC) is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation is seeking a receptionist to work in Grafton
Receptionist in Grafton
Full time, Fixed Term
Aboriginality is a genuine occupational requirement of this position, exemptions claimed under Section 14D of the Anti Discrimination Act NSW 1977.
In this role you will be responsible for the coordination of the reception area and supporting the professional operation of the medical service. You will be working in a professional environment assisting Aboriginal people with a range of complex health related issues.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Booking client appointments
- Providing efficient and courteous customer service
- Providing clerical support to BNMAC clients, relatives and visitors.
- Completion of clerical procedures relating to the registration of clients in computer based systems such as Medical Director and Pracsoft, and ensuring Medicare details are correct.
- Providing communication support to BNMAC staff
- As this is a key front line role you will be required to be well presented, welcoming and professional.
- General office duties.
- Contributing to the wellbeing of the medical service by actively participating in a cooperative and team effort across all activities and within the Service.
Critical Selection Criteria:
- Aboriginality is a genuine occupational requirement of this position, exemptions claimed under Section 14D of the Anti Discrimination Act. NSW 1977.
- Current NSW Working with Children Check and National Police Check
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Prior experience working in a front line customer service role.
- Demonstrated computer literacy including proficient keyboard and data entry skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Considerable tact and diplomacy with ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proven ability to display a professional courteous manner when dealing with patients, staff and the general public.
- Ability to work independently and to demonstrate initiative.
- Understanding of Medicare arrangements.
- Previous experience in Medical Reception
- Knowledge of medical terminology
Don’t miss the opportunity to join this fantastic team of health professionals. To apply, please complete your information below along with your CV and cover letter addressing the selection criteria. If you have any questions or would like to arrange for a confidential discussion about this role please contact NAH@nswrdn.com.au
April 27, 2021
Posted by: Renae Kilmister