Milparanga is a leadership development program, formerly known as the National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Leaders Program (NATSILP). Milparanga allows Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people to engage in powerful and different conversations.
The program aims to support Indigenous Australian leaders to:
- Grow as an individual
- Develop their leadership capabilities, including governance and decision making
- Co-create robust conversations for powerful shifts across the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander landscape
- Broaden their perspectives and act together for the greater good
During the program you will:
- be exposed to expert Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander practitioners who have been challenging assumptions and shifting approaches in this space for decades
- engage in robust conversations that will honour your existing skills and knowledge, as well as provoke your thoughts and assumptions
- engage with mentors/coaches/critical friends for at least a six-month period. The mentors will be part of the facilitation team that will support you through this exciting leadership program.
You will become part of a network of leaders who will support each other as you continue to develop Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander leadership. Milparanga is an 11-day, two-session program.
You can be part of Milparanga, if you:
- are an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person
- are 21 years or older
- have a connection and interest in rural and regional Australia.