OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST – ACTT – Closing Date – 7 May 2021
Brisbane Street, Dubbo
Type of employment
Hours per week
Is this an Aboriginal and or Torres Strait Islander identified position
- Recognised degree in Occupational Therapy, current registration with AHPRA and membership with the Australian Association of Occupational Therapists
- Demonstrated skills in occupational therapy, including assessment and intervention as well as the ability to manage a pediatric caseload
- Ability to work unsupervised, manage and prioritise work and respond to complex situations in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal, communication skills (written and verbal) including the ability to communicate with Aboriginal people
- Demonstrated experience in the utilization of client software packages and Microsoft Office Programs
About The Position
The Aboriginal Children’s Therapy Team (ACTT) is a free Allied Health Service for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Children, aged up to 8 years of age, who live in Dubbo. The team consists of Speech Pathologists, an Occupational Therapist, Psychological services supported by Aboriginal Community and Therapy Support Workers. We aim to provide the best service for our clients and their families. Delivery can be at our service or in the home, a small group or on an individual basis, at school, childcare or in the community or a combination of the above.
As our Occupational Therapist you will work as part of a multidisciplinary team, providing innovative and holistic allied health care to children accessing ACTT services. Our Allied Health Clinicians are supported by Aboriginal Community and Therapy Support Workers who play a pivotal role in engaging and connecting families into the programs delivered by ACTT.
This is an opportunity for new graduates or experience professionals to join our team. To apply for this position please insure you review the position on the WACHS website and follow the directions, including provision of a cover letter addressing the minimum qualifications for the position.
7 May 2021
Contact Jemima Quilty on 02 6881 8077 or email jemimaQ@wachs.net.au
Address to Karen Jarrett by email KarenJ@wachs.net.au
April 13, 2021
Posted by: Jordyn Townsend