Occupational Therapist (Part Time) | Dubbo | Aboriginal Children’ Therapy Team (ACTT) | Closing Date: 31/03/2022
ABORIGINAL COMMUNITY AND THERAPY SUPPORT WORKER – ACTT
Brisbane Street, Dubbo
Type of employment
Hours per week
Is this an Aboriginal and or Torres Strait Islander identified position
- Relevant qualification in Aboriginal Primary Health Care/ Education and / or Community Services or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience working with Aboriginal children and families in health, community services or child related employment.
- Awareness of and sensitive to Aboriginal culture and history, and current issues affecting the lives of Aboriginal people.
- Ability to work unsupervised and/or as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Demonstrated time management, organisational and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated high level of communication skills (verbal & written) including negotiation and advocacy skills and the ability to communicate with local Aboriginal families, Local health, Education and family support services.
- Demonstrated experience in the utilisation of Microsoft Office programs.
About The Position
The Aboriginal Children’s Therapy Team (ACTT) is a free Allied Health Service for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Children, aged up to 8 years of age, who live in Dubbo.
We are currently recruiting for an Aboriginal Community and Therapy Support Worker (Part Time – 24hrs) to join our small multidisciplinary team to meet growing demand.
The team consists of Speech Pathologists, an Occupational Therapist, Psychological services supported by Aboriginal Community and Therapy Support Workers. We aim to provide the best service for our clients and their families. Delivery can be at our service or in the home, a small group or on an individual basis, at school, childcare or in the community or a combination of the above.
Contact Jemima Quilty on (02) 6881 8077 or email jemimaQ@wachs.net.au
Address to Jemima Quilty by email jemimaQ@wachs.net.au
March 1, 2022
Posted by: Nawsheen Hyland