In the spirit of respectful, inclusive communication and ongoing learning, Palliverse invites you to join an online “Palliative Care Yarning” tweet-chat tonight on 31st March 2016. This tweet-chat will be an opportunity to discuss some key issues in palliative care for Indigenous and First Nation peoples, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in Australia.
When? Thursday, 31st March 2016
- 4:00pm AWST Perth
- 5:30pm ACST Darwin
- 6:00pm AEST Brisbane
- 6:30pm ACDT Adelaide
- 7:00pm AEDT Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne, Hobart
- 9:00pm Wellington, Auckland, Christchurch
What? Topics for discussion:
- T1 What does high quality Indigenous palliative care mean to you?
- T2 How can we improve equity in palliative care delivery to Indigenous communities across remote, regional and urban settings?
- T3 How can existing services collaborate with Indigenous communities in palliative care? (eg training, advocacy, service delivery)
- T4 How will the services of the future deliver high quality Indigenous palliative care?
Palliverse asks that you include the topic tag (e.g. T1) in your response to each topic, and include the #PALLANZ hashtag in your response. As the #PALLANZ community is international, they respectfully encourage use of the term ‘Indigenous people’ where referring to Indigenous and First Nations people and communities from across the world during the tweet-chat. The @Palliverse moderator for this tweet-chat (@csinclair28) will be responsive to any specific requests or feedback from participants regarding appropriate and respectful language.
You don’t have to be an expert, a Twitter whiz, or even live in Australia or New Zealand to join – in fact, Palliverse strongly encourages those new to Twitter and from beyond our shores to join in and share your views!
For those new to Twitter check out their tutorial here.