Research Officer Judith Lumley Centre
About the role
The purpose of this National Health and Medical Research Council-funded Aboriginal-led four-year community based participatory action research project, Healing the past by Nurturing the Future, is to learn how we can best provide support during pregnancy and the first two years after birth for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (Aboriginal) parents who have experienced childhood trauma. The project is being conducted in three jurisdictions (Northern Territory, South Australia and Victoria), with key stakeholders from all Australian jurisdictions participating in co-design workshops. View more about the project here: https://www.latrobe.edu.au/jlc/research/healing-the-past
Work type:Fixed Term
- Part Time 0.6FTE or 3 days per week
- Role based in Adelaide (Women and Children’s Hospital)
- 12 month fixed term position
- $67,698 – $75,817 Pro rata
- Indigenous candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
The aim of this position is to provide research support to ensure successful implementation of the project in South Australia.
Duties at this level may include:
• Recruitment and conducting interviews with research participants using specified and agreed techniques and protocols, data entry, report writing.
• Using judgement, initiative and reflection based on community, theoretical and technical knowledge to apply to a range of differing situations, such as recruitment, community engagement etc.
Skills & Experience
- Experience of working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families and/or communities;
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with people from a diverse range of backgrounds;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, follow established procedures with limited supervision and contribute positively to an effective team.
- Experience in planning and progressing work activities within general guidelines, using initiative and judgement
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: 11pm Sunday 23rd February 2020
Position Enquiries: Catherine Chamberlain, TEL: 0428 921271 Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgPosition Description below:
Please address Key Selection Criteria and attach these with your application.
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Next article: Public Holiday Notice