Senior Dietitian – Women’s Business Shared Pathway (Identified) – Closing Date: 22 Nov 2021
Senior Dietitian – Women’s Business Shared Pathway (Identified
|Occupational group||Health – Allied Health/Clinical Support|
|Workplace Location||Brisbane – North|
|Job ad reference||QLD/RBH392383|
|Salary Other||$56.61 – $60.91 p.h.|
|Job duration||Permanent part time, 30.4 hours per fortnight|
|Contact person||Lisa McGuire|
|Contact details||(07) 3646 3530
Access the National Relay Service
Under s25 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991, there is a genuine occupational requirement for the incumbent to be indigenous to the Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Community.
Metro North Health is the biggest and most diverse Hospital and Health Service in Queensland, delivering excellent care underpinned by our values of respect, integrity, high performance, teamwork and compassion.
Metro North Health provides the full range of public sector health services including rural, regional and tertiary teaching hospitals. Our service covers an area of 4157 square kilometres and extends from the Brisbane River to north of Kilcoy.
Metro North facilities include:
– Caboolture Hospital
– Woodford Correctional Centre
– Kilcoy Hospital
– Redcliffe Hospital
– The Prince Charles Hospital
– The Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital
– Surgical, Treatment and Rehabilitation Service
– Community and Oral Health
– Metro North Mental Health
Working within Metro North Health is an opportunity to contribute to providing outstanding health services to Queenslanders. We are committed to best practice and continuous quality improvement and encourages staff to take advantage of training and development opportunities.
Metro North Health promotes a healthy balance between your work and personal life, provides flexible work hours, paid parental leave and study leave options.
For further information please visit the Metro North Health website. This is your opportunity to join the dedicated team of professionals at Metro North Health and be part of a world-class, dynamic and growing health service that embraces technology, excellence in health care, teaching, research and empowering our people to be the best in serving our community.
About the Role
- Manage an allocated workload to deliver high level nutrition and dietetic clinical services to patients at the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital, and across the continuum of care, within a multidisciplinary team, in accordance with prescribed professional and ethical standards; utilising a high degree of independence within the work unit, including application at an area and state-wide level, with infrequent need for direct clinical practice supervision.
- Manage an allocated workload to deliver high level nutrition and dietetic clinical and culturally safe services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander patients accessing the Women’s Business Shared Pathway, and across the continuum of care, within a multidisciplinary team, in accordance with prescribed professional and ethical standards; utilising a high degree of independence within the work unit, including application at an area and state-wide level, with infrequent need for direct clinical practice supervision.
- Apply high level clinical practice knowledge and skills in the provision of nutrition and dietetics clinical advice to professional and operational supervisors, relevant service managers, within Maternity and Neonatal Services of the RBWH, and to other stakeholders regarding service delivery and development/ improvement of clinical services.
- Monitor and report on clinical practices and outcomes within clinical area including the Women’s Business Shared Pathway.
- Provide clinical education and supervision, including: lectures/ tutorials, primary supervisory role for students, and clinical practice supervision to less experienced practitioners, to ensure the maintenance of professional clinical standards for nutrition and dietetics.
Job ad reference number: RBH392382 Close date: Monday, 22nd November 2021
Find out about the role in more detail and how to apply in the attached Role Description.
Why work for us?
We offer rewarding career opportunities across a wide range of clinical and non-clinical areas across our health service and pride ourselves on providing a work environment that is safe, satisfying, flexible, and promotes a healthy work-life balance.
As a Queensland Health employee you will benefit from a higher than standard employer contribution to Superannuation of up to 12.75%, access to salary packaging, flexible working arrangements and competitive salary rates with annual incremental increases.
We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace for our people and our community. We encourage people of all genders, races, ages and abilities to apply for roles within our Health Service.
You can find out more about why it’s so great to work at Metro North here: https://metronorth.health.qld.gov.au/careers
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED VIA THIRD PARTIES (RECRUITMENT AGENCIES ETC.) WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Applicants are to apply online. If the information requested in the ‘how to apply’ section is not provided you may not meet the requirements for further consideration of your application.
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.