Senior Occupational Therapist (Level 4) – The Forensic Hospital – Permanent FT – Applications Close: 28 February 2021
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Occupational Therapist Lvl 4
Remuneration: $109,004 – $111,728 p.a plus employers contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ213475
An exciting opportunity is available for a Senior Occupational Therapist (Level 4) seeking a career in Forensic Mental Health!
The Forensic Hospital currently has a Permanent Full Time position available for a highly skilled and dynamic Senior Occupational Therapist who has a commitment to patient care and clinical excellence, who will take up the challenge to join our professional team working within our unique health care environment.
Where you’ll be working
The Forensic Hospital is a 135-bed, high-security mental health facility. This state-of-the-art hospital is the first of its kind in NSW and is conveniently located close to Sydney’s famed Eastern beaches, cafes, and public transport and offers a unique work environment providing specialised secure forensic mental health care to adolescent and adult patients. We encouraged and support professional growth within the organisation from novice to leadership levels. We are committed to enriching our workplace culture to deliver high quality, safe and reliable health care, and support every individual in our organisation in our pursuit of world class mental health care for our patients and their families and carers.
While working at the Forensic Hospital you will develop strong professional connections with colleagues and making a positive contribution to vulnerable people. This dynamic work environment is interesting, stimulating, challenging, rewarding and one where you can have a positive impact on the lives of patients and their families.
Our Vision: Returning healthier patients to their families and communities.
Furthermore, we offer great additional salary allowances plus Salary Packaging options to further enhance take home benefits, free on-site parking, easy access to public transport and partnership with Fitness Passport for ongoing staff and their families to access more than 390 gyms and pools at a discounted rate.
What you’ll be doing
The Senior Occupational Therapist is responsible for the leadership, professional development and guidance of a multidisciplinary specialist therapy team. The Senior Occupational Therapist will provide operational oversight, supervision, consultation and training for the disciplines allocated to the therapy team. The Senior Occupational Therapist will participate in the development of occupation-focussed services in line with the governance structure of the forensic hospital and use their experience as a skilled occupational therapist to provide suitable guidance and consultation on Network and Forensic Hospital services. The Senior Occupational Therapist is expected to maintain a clinical load.
A comprehensive two week full time orientation is provided, with the next date on 12 April 2021
This position requires a Working With Children Check (WWCC) issued by the Commission for Children and Young People. For more information on how to apply for the clearance, please visit the Commission for Children and Young People Website https://check.kids.nsw.gov.au/
Employment of a temporary visa holder may only occur if no suitable permanent resident or citizen of Australia has been identified for this position following suitable labour market testing.
Justice Health & Forensic Mental Health Network is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This includes but is not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, People with Disability, Women and People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
- Degree in Occupational Therapy with current unrestricted registration with AHPRA and demonstrated extensive specialist knowledge and ability to provide high level advice within the areas of Occupational Therapy.
- Proven ability to manage, support and provide clinical supervision to a multidisciplinary team in the provision of high quality forensic mental health services.
- Demonstrated experience in occupation-focussed assessment, planning, delivery and evaluation of recovery orientated mental health interventions in acute and/or rehabilitation mental health settings. Demonstrated knowledge in risk assessment and management, including identifying protective factors to reduce likelihood of recurring problem behaviour.
- Demonstrated high level verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in high level problem solving and managing situations where principles, procedures, techniques and methods require expansion, adaptation and modification.
- Good organisational and time management skills including the ability to prioritise work and manage / respond to stressful situations.
- Ability to provide advice, professional judgement and evaluation in the development of allied health services.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of relevant legislation including the NSW Mental Health (Forensic Provisions) Act 1990; Guardianship Act, NDIS, Mental Health Act 2007, Crimes Act etc
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Kevin Brown on Kevin.Brown@health.nsw.gov.au
February 23, 2021
Posted by: Jordyn Townsend