Welcome Event with Wildlife
The Welcome Event kicked off the 2018 IAHA International Allied Health Forum providing delegates with an opportunity to connect and network with each other in a fun and relaxed environment and also allowed out International guests to get up close and personal with creatures big and small at Wildlife Sydney, Darling Harbour. Delegates were taken on a journey through iconic Aussie habitats and encountered some of the most loved and feared animals that call Australia home.
An important function of the Welcome event was to receive a Welcome to Country from the Traditional Owners of the land the Gadigal people of the Yorta nation.
2018 Indigenous Allied Health Awards and Gala Dinner
A night of celebrating excellence and action – the Gala Dinner is the premier national networking event in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander allied health.
2018 IAHA National Indigenous Allied Health Awards were held in a night of fun and flare with Forum delegates and invited guests. Delegates were joined by Senator Patrick Dodson and Hon Warren Snowden MP. The night also recognised all allied health graduates of 2018 and were entertained with a strong cultural performance from Kiris An Taran Torres Strait Island Dance Troupe.
The Awards is an opportunity to recognise the incredible contribution our members make to their professions and improving the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People and our communities.
Congratulations to our 2018 Winners:
- IAHA Life Time Achievement Award sponsored by IAHA – Thomas Brideson
- Future Leader in Indigenous Allied Health Award sponsored by Dietitians Association of Australia – Mitchell Walley
- Indigenous Allied Health Student Academic Achievement Award sponsored by Australian Council of Deans of Health Sciences – Nicole Velkoski
- Indigenous Allied Health Professional of the Year Award sponsored by Flinders University NT – Corrine Butler
- Allied Health Inspiration Award sponsored by Ngroo – Rikki Fischer
- Commitment to Indigenous Health Award sponsored by Flinders University NT – Stephanie Armstrong
For more information on IAHA Award Ceremonies click here.
2018 Forum Closing Ceremony Aboard the Tribal Warrior