Social Media Coordinator- Dietitians Australia – Closing Date: Monday 18 October 2021, 11:59pm AEDT
Social Media Coordinator
Position Title : Social Media Coordinator
Work Portfolio : Marketing & Communications
Terms of Employment
Contract: Salary: 20 hours per week, 3 month contract with a view to extend $25-$38 per hour†
Remuneration is negotiable based on experience
Qualifications/Skills (Selection Criteria)
Essential – That the following qualifications/skills are demonstrated:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Communications related field.
- 2+ years’ experience working in a Marketing or Communications
role with a strong focus on social media.
- Competency in Microsoft Office and highly proficient in using social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, with strengths in copywriting, proofreading and the creation of engaging images.
- Experience with imagery design software Canva.
• Social media management experience of social media accounts with a large follower base is highly desired.
Marketing & Communications General Manager
Responsible for : Nil
Purpose of the position
Due to significant growth of our now 80,000 follower strong community, we are seeking an individual who is experienced, creative and able to create engaging content across our social media channels as we continue to build our presence and empower our members.
The role will form a key part of the Marketing & Communications team where you will work alongside the Digital Engagement Officer to
oversee Dietitians Australia’s social media accounts focusing on content creation, posting, reactive socials, answering enquiries, reporting, developing the engaged community of followers and helping with other ad-hoc administrative tasks.
Limits of Authority : Nil.
Performance Management: Nil
- Co-ordinate, establish and maintain a content calendar for all platforms, coming up with creative ideas for social media content.
- Post creation including imagery, copywriting and proofreading for all social media content and inputting relevant hashtags.
- Schedule and post content across all social media platforms.
- Monitoring, engaging, and growing our online communities through best-practice community management. This will include, engaging in reactive socials to comment, like, re-share and retweet postsfrom followers.
- Respond to customer enquiries via DMs on social media channels and liaise with internal stakeholders to provide responses in a timely manner whilst staying on brand and ensuring consistency of tone.
- Provide reporting information to internal stakeholders.
- Coordinate process to identify and respond to social media crises including; monitoring, responding, risk mitigation, post-event reporting and stakeholder escalation/engagement
- Other administrative duties as required.
- Adheres to safe work practices relevant to the position.
- Adheres to the Dietitians Australia Customer Service Charter.
- Participates in office programs to improve efficiency, accountability, responsiveness and good staff practices.
- Demonstrates responsibility for own professional development
- Participates fully in Performance Management.
- Act as an agent of the organisation in a manner which protects and enhances its best interests, abiding by Dietitians Australia policies and procedures and expected standards of professional conduct, including maintaining confidentiality of information relating to Dietitians Australia and individuals and organisations with which it deals, and avoiding or declaring conflicts of interest.
Please submit your CV and cover letter addressing skills and experience to:
Digital Engagement Officer
Closing Date: Monday 18 October 2021, 11:59pm AEDT
Dietitians Australia is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, where all staff are valued and respected, in order to build a highly capable, innovative and adaptive workforce to achieve our purpose. We welcome and value applications from all eligible candidates irrespective of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religious affiliation, age or disability. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
|A 1/8 Phipps Close, Deakin ACT 2600 | T 02 6189 1200|
|E firstname.lastname@example.org | W dietitiansaustralia.org.au|
|Dietitians Association of Australia | ABN 34 008 521 480|
|Dietitians Australia and the associated logo is a trademark of the Dietitians Association of Australia. 1|
October 6, 2021
Posted by: Alisi Rabune