Welcome to the IAHA Student Space!
IAHA is committed to student member supports that are developed with the student membership to meet their needs. We value the diversity of the disciplines in our membership, that we provide a collective voice and is focused on supporting members capabilities and development; growing the allied health workforce and transitional pathways; transforming the health and education sectors to be more culturally safe; and leading health policy and allied health workforce development.
We recognise and value the clinical, non-clincial and cultural knowledges and capabilities our student members contribute to IAHA, our families and our communities.
IAHA Student Opportunities
IAHA offers several supports for student members including:
- Scholarships to provide further support in undertaking professional development activities, rural and remote clinical placements, and attending IAHA events.
- Student Bursaries to provide financial assistance towards purchasing textbooks, internet, technology and other resources.
- Sharing information with the student network and student social media platforms.
- Recognition of student success through national awards each year.
- Provide networking opportunities with graduate members, employers and stakeholders.
- Hold an Ultimate Student Leadership Challenge for an interprofessional education and learning opportunity.
- Comprehensive mentoring program is available.
- Professional Development opportunities to value add to clinical and non-clinical skills.
- Yarning Sessions to provide support and opportunities to be heard and share experiences, strategies and ideas.
- Student stationery packs