Join us for the 2019 IAHA National Conference that 23 – 25 September 2019 at the Darwin Convention Centre
IAHA brings you the best platform for all things Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander allied health related in Australia. Over the past ten years, IAHA has held four National Conferences, six Health Fusion Team Challenges (HFTC), one International Indigenous Allied Health Forum, two National Forums and two Leadership Workshops, which have been attended by over 1,700 participants from across Australia and around the world. With the 2019 IAHA National Conference we expect that number to exceed 2,000.
The 2019 IAHA National Conference recognises the diversity of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the diversity of our membership as well as interdisciplinary action within the allied health sector. We also recognise how sustained holistic, strengths based approaches to health and wellbeing can achieve health equality for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
The conference theme, 10 Years Making a Difference, recognises the contribution that members, communities and organisations are making in working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander individuals, families and communities who are leading and driving change for healthy, thriving lives now and into the future.
National Conference delegates will experience:
- Professional development that will challenge them both personally and professionally
- Networking opportunities with likeminded people within a culturally diverse and safe space
- Opportunities for growth and learning
- A Gala celebration of Excellence in the Indigenous allied health sector
- Enriching cultural experiences
Who will Attend?
IAHA National Conferences and events are leading professional development opportunities for all allied health professionals, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health professionals and health service providers. It is anticipated that the 2019 events will be attended by:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander allied health professionals and students across a broad range of health and wellbeing professions
- Non-Indigenous allied health professionals
- Other health professionals
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health organisations
- National and International academic and clinical staff teaching in allied health-related courses and programs
- Researchers interested in allied health professional education
- Policy makers
- Program managers
- Health service providers
|Full Registration||Day Registration|
|Welcome Event Tickets||$70|
|1 March||Abstracts Open|
|1 April||Registrations, Scholarship Applications, Award Nominations Open|
|1 April||HFTC Applications Open|
|31 May||Scholarship Applications, Award Nominations Close|
|20 September||HFTC Commences|
|23 September||Pre Conference Workshops and Welcome Event|
|24 September||Conference and Gala Dinner|
|26 September||Members Forum and AGM|