Join us for the 2020 IAHA National Conference and events that will take place from 27 November – 3 December 2020 at the Novotel Twin Waters Resort, Sunshine Coast, Australia.
IAHA brings you the best platform for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and First Nations allied health. Over the past eight years, IAHA has held five National Conferences, seven HealthFusion Team Challenges (HFTC), one International Indigenous Allied Health Forum, two National Forums and two Leadership Workshops, which have been attended by over 2,000 participants from across Australia and around the world.
The 2020 IAHA National Conference recognises the diversity of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the diversity of our membership as well as interdisciplinary action within the allied health sector. We also recognise how sustained holistic, strengths based approaches to health and wellbeing can achieve health equality for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
National Conference delegates will experience:
- Professional development that will challenge them both personally and professionally
- Networking opportunities with likeminded people within a culturally diverse and safe space
- Opportunities for growth, learning and healing
- A Gala celebration of Excellence in the Indigenous allied health sector
- Enriching cultural experiences
Who will Attend?
IAHA National Conferences and events are leading professional development opportunities for opportunities for allied health graduates, students,
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health professionals and health service providers. It is anticipated that the 2020 events will
be attended by:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander allied health professionals and
students across a broad range of health and wellbeing professions
- Non-Indigenous allied health professionals
- Other health professionals
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health organisations
- National and International academic and clinical staff teaching
in allied health-related courses and programs
- Researchers interested in allied health professional education
- Policy makers
- Program managers
- Health service providers
IAHA has a demonstrated track record of hosting successful and relevant national and international events over the past eight years. As a national Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander not-for-profit organisation all support is targeted directly to the event and participation of delegates in celebrating the achievements and innovation in allied health.