IAHA Consulting delivers cultural safety training based on an evidence based Cultural Responsiveness in Action Framework.
The IAHA Cultural Safety training is action orientated, strength-based and focuses on critical self-reflective practice identifying one’s impact on another. It is interactive and centres around three driving principles ‘what do we need to know, who do we need to be and how do we transform behaviours and systems in order to be culturally safe and responsive in meeting the needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. The training is delivered over one or two days focused on the ‘HOW TO and ACTION’ with key capabilities supporting individual, team, organisational and/or systems transformation.
Our program is known as Cultural Responsiveness in Action.
The content has been extensively researched and the approach to delivery is complemented by the lived experience of the highly skilled Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander facilitators IAHA has at its disposal. The Program has been delivered to, and well received by, a wide range of organisations and corporate entities including but not limited to:
- Occupational Therapy Australia Board
- Speech Pathology Australia members
- Cancer Australia
- WA Country Health Allied Health Regional Team, Kununurra WA
- NSW Outback Division of General Practice, Bourke NSW
- Cairns and Hinterland Hospital and Health Service, Social Work and Liaison team
- Health Workforce Queensland
- Western NSW Primary Health Network
- NSW HETI
- NSW Justice Department
- University of Canberra
- Flinders University of Adelaide