Why Join IAHA?
Indigenous Allied Health Australia is a national, member-based Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander allied health organisation. IAHA leads sector workforce development and support, to improve the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
As the national peak organisation, IAHA holds culture as central to the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
IAHA welcomes Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander allied health graduates and students as full members recognising and valuing, they view their lives through a unique cultural and professional lens. Our Associate Membership includes the broader Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workforce, who share this unique perspective, as well as non-Indigenous associate individuals and organisations who are passionate about improving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health and wellbeing, sharing our vision and priorities.
By becoming a member of IAHA, you can work with us to support and grow a culturally safe and responsive health system that values the contribution of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander allied health workforce and our communities.
IAHA Members can:
- Grow professional networks and relationships nationally and internationally
- Access culturally safe and responsive mentoring and training development opportunities
- Participate and actively engage in professional development events including interprofessional education and learning
- Have a voice at a national level in workforce development, policy and research
- Access up to date information on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health and wellbeing and allied health workforce activities, opportunities and issues
- Participate in community events, careers expos and other projects to assist in promoting allied health careers.
- Collectively lead IAHA into the future influencing change across the allied health sector and services.