Abstracts Now Open for the 2019 IAHA National Conference – Celebrating 10 Years Making a Difference!
IAHA is seeking abstracts for the 2019 IAHA National Conference to be held at the Darwin Convention Centre, Northern Territory, 23-25 September 2019.
The conference theme, 10 Years Making a Difference, recognises the contribution that members, communities and organisations are making in working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander individuals, families and communities who are leading and driving change for healthy, thriving lives now and into the future. We do this by:
- building culturally responsive connections, partnerships and relationships;
- valuing cultures and diversity – respecting cultural ways of knowing, being and doing;
- contributing to the development of culturally safe and responsive practice within an allied health and/or Indigenous health context;
- partnering in strengths-based solutions, led by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and communities to improve access to allied health services;
- leading and undertaking allied health and/or Indigenous health research that engages, respects and values community; and
- ensuring that research is used and translates to better health and wellbeing for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and communities.
We are now calling for abstracts for oral presentations, workshops and poster presentations under the following streams:
While IAHA provides these streams for guidance, abstracts may be applicable across multiple streams and all innovative projects, programs, research and initiatives are encouraged to submit.
|IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER|
|Call for Abstracts open||1 March 2019|
|Call for Abstracts closes||31 May 2019|
|Notification of Selection outcomes||14 June 2019|
|Written acceptance of offer to present||28 June 2019|
|Deadline for Presenter Registration||26 July 2019|
|Deadline for poster submission for printing||26 July 2019|