Abstracts for the 2023 IAHA National Conference are now closed.
The conference theme, On their shoulders we stand, Our Knowledges, Voices and Practices, recognises the contribution that members, communities and organisations have made to improving the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, including:
- building culturally responsive connections, partnerships and relationships;
- valuing cultures and diversity, respecting cultural ways of knowing, being and doing;
- contributing to the development of culturally safe and responsive practice within an allied health and/or Indigenous health context;
- strengths based solutions led by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and communities to improve access to allied health services; and
- community-led, translational allied health and/or Indigenous health research.
Abstracts for concurrent oral presentations, workshops and poster presentations are under the following streams:
- Knowledges of our peoples and workforce:
Allied health related projects, programs, research, and initiatives that embed Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures, knowledges, perspectives and/or workforce that address the determinants of health.
- Voices of our people and workforce:
Allied health related projects, programs, research, and initiatives that demonstrate collaboration between organisations and sectors, including governments, that exemplify Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander governance, decision-making, leadership and self-determination in partnership.
- Practices of our people and workforce:
Allied health related projects, programs, research, and initiatives that are focused on team work, collaboration, interdisciplinary and culturally responsive approaches to improve health and wellbeing outcomes with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and/or that supports the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workforce with connection to culture, community and interprofessional care.
- Because of them we are – valuing culturally informed and strengths-based approaches
Showcasing innovative and strengths based approaches to health and wellbeing through workshops, tabletops and yarning sessions.
For all abstract enquiries, please contact Amanda Johnstone, Event Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ph +61 2 6285 1010.