Abstract Submissions for the 2021 IAHA National Conference ARE NOW OPEN!
|IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER…|
|Call for Abstracts open||1 March 2021|
|Call for Abstracts closes||31 May 2021|
|Notification of selection outcomes||25 June 2021|
|Written acceptance of offer to present||9 July 2021|
|Deadline for presenter registration||30 September 2021|
|Deadline for poster submission for printing||30 September 2021|
Soon we will be calling for abstracts for concurrent oral presentations, workshops and poster presentations under the following streams:
- Care – Projects, programs, research and initiatives that focus on allied health service delivery, community development and responsive practice.
- Cultures – Allied health related projects, programs, research and initiatives that embed Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures, knowledges and perspectives and/or address cultural determinants.
- Connection – Allied health related projects, programs, research and initiatives that are focused on team work, collaboration and interdisciplinary approaches to improve health and wellbeing, and which support connection to culture, community and interprofessional care.
- Collaboration – Allied health related projects, programs, research and initiatives that demonstrate collaboration between organisations and sectors, including government, that exemplify Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community leadership and self-determination in partnership.
While IAHA provides these streams for guidance, abstracts may be applicable across multiple streams and all innovative projects, programs, research and initiatives are encouraged to submit.
IAHA is looking for:
- Interesting and thought-provoking 20-minute or shorter oral presentations (concurrent sessions)
- Interactive 1.5-hour workshops that provide opportunities to strengthen skills, knowledge and behaviour for a multidisciplinary workforce; and
- Student poster presentations for students wishing to gain valuable experience and to present their research and/or projects in a safe environment.
Presentation, workshop and poster abstracts that are action-oriented, strengths-based and solution-focused led by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people will be preference. All abstracts, workshops and poster presentations must have an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander co-presenter that is leading or partnering on the project, research, activity or initiative to be considered.
IAHA encourages submissions from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander allied health workforce and students, researchers and educators, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health and community workers.
All abstracts will be peer reviewed by the IAHA Conference Committee.
For all abstract enquiries, please contact Amanda Johnstone, Event Coordinator, at email@example.com or Ph +61 2 6285 1010. We look forward to receiving your abstracts and meeting you on the Sunshine Coast for our 7th IAHA National Conference.