IAHA Mentoring Program
We welcome you to be a part of the IAHA Mentoring Program, a comprehensive and holistic package designed to support your personal and professional journey.
WHY BECOME A MENTOR?
People often say that they become mentors to give something back or make a contribution. We all have our own reason for wanting to become a mentor. A mentoring relationship enables you to:
- strengthen the lessons you’ve already learned
- develop new strengths
- empower someone else to see his or her own strengths
- check assumptions (yours and theirs)
- clarify misunderstandings (yours and theirs)
- work with people from different contexts and backgrounds
- practise offering positive and constructive feedback
- increase your personal and professional networks
- generate workable solutions together in a mutually respectful way
- motivate, advise and support whilst empowering someone to make their own decisions and take responsibility for their own actions and development
You don’t need to be an IAHA Member to be a mentor. Please think about being a mentor if you have skills, knowledge and experience that you feel can benefit others.
WHY HAVE A MENTOR?
- be an impartial observer and sounding board
- contribute viewpoints, advice, and information from their own knowledge, experience and expertise
- support you to achieve your goals
- assist you to refine your ideas and put them into practice
- have contacts that will increase your personal and professional networks
- provide accountability
- ask you questions that you may never ask yourself
- see strengths and qualities in you that you haven’t noticed
- work with you to generate workable solutions in a mutually respectful
If you are a full or associate member of IAHA, you can be a mentee.