HEALTH WORKFORCE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
RDWA is providing scholarships and bursaries for medical, nursing and allied health professionals (including Aboriginal health workers) working in rural and remote South Australia through the HWSP.
HWSP is designed to improve access to health services for people living in rural and remote areas by supporting privately employed health professionals to increase their skills, capacity and/or scope of practice.
Scholarships of up to $10,000 per year are available for formal postgraduate studies and are awarded for up to two years.
Bursaries for training and up-skilling are awarded as one-off payments to cover the cost of training or course fees, and/or cover or partially cover training related expenses.
The Applicant Guidelines provides further information about eligibility, assessment of applications and recipient obligations.
RDWA encourages eligible health professionals to apply. General Practitioners, mental health professionals and health professionals working in Aboriginal Health Services or where the professional development activity relates to improving service provision to Aboriginal people in locations MMM 3-7 in South Australia have been identified as priorities for this Program.
Apply using the online application form. You will need to complete the form in one session. To complete the application will need the following information:
- Course/activity name
- Course/ activity provider name
- Course/ activity location
- Course/ activity dates
- Course/ activity costs
- Employer name and address
- Up to 100 words describing how the course will assist you in addressing an identified community health need
- Up to 50 words describing how you will increase your skills and use the increased skill in servicing your community
- Up to 50 words describing how you will increase your capacity to provide health services
- Up to 50 words describing how your scope of practice will be increased in your current role
Applications for Round 3 are open until 5pm on 9th December 2019. APPLY HERE
HWSP is an initiative of the Australian Government Department of Health and is managed nationally by the consortium of Rural Workforce Agencies and locally by RDWA.
If you have questions or would like to discuss how this program may be able to support you, or you would like to be notified when the next round opens, please contact us.
P: 08 8234 8277