‘Walking in each other’s shoes, Honouring each other’s stories’
This Remote Health Experience (RHE) is an inter-professional, experiential learning activity where all participants will learn about remote issues in context. The learning is intended to be collegiate, and fun. During the weekend, you will have the opportunity to learn, problem solve, and discuss remote issues across disciplines in an environment led by remote practitioners. This activity involves nursing, medical, paramedical, allied health and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students. The objectives are for students to develop:-
- an understanding of remote health,
- inter-professional communication and respect for other professions and
- understanding and confidence in working with Aboriginal clients.
The weekend has been designed by a collaborative team from Flinders University, Batchelor College, Indigenous Allied Health Australia (IAHA), Sunrise Aboriginal Health Service, Katherine Hospital and the Banatjarl Strongbala Wimuns Grup The Remote Health Experience models the inter-professional training and practice and the cross cultural environment that people will encounter in their course placements and remote practice. It is designed to focus attention on the inter-professional relationships and decision making in remote Aboriginal communities.
Accomodation and Meals
Self contained single room accomodation at the Charles Darwin University Rural Campus (CDU) and all meals are provided throughout the weekend by the CDU Rural Campus dining crew. Catering will be available during the weekend including morning and afternoon tea.
Check out the program and contact details below and to download the flyer CLICK HERE.
- NTMP – Karen Kurnoth, Karen.Kurnoth@flinders.edu.au
- Aboriginal Health Practitioner – Pilar Cubillo, Pilar.Cubillo@batchelor.edu.au
- Flinders Nursing – Erica Petrovic, email@example.com
- IAHA – Kylie Stothers, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Allied Health on Placement in the NT – Leigh Moore, email@example.com
- Paramedics – Tim Rayner, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Others – Sue Lenthall, Sue.Lenthall@flinders.edu.au