Australia’s largest campaign to improve Indigenous health
Visit https://antar.org.au/campaigns/national-close-gap-day for more detailed information on the campaign, sign up for updates, register your Close the Gap event or to get Close the Gap resources.
The Close the Gap coalition is calling on governments to take action to achieve Indigenous health equality within 25 years by:
- A long-term investment in Indigenous health; investment in financial and human resources
- Increasing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders’ access to health services
- Addressing critical social issues such as poor housing, nutrition, employment and education
- Building Indigenous control and participation in the delivery of health and other services
- Getting governments at state and national level to work in partnership with Indigenous communities, health organisations and experts to develop and monitor a plan to tackle the Indigenous health crisis
- Promoting real and meaningful partnerships between Indigenous and non-Indigenous communities and health services. Partnership means giving people real influence at all stages of the decision-making process, and must be adequately resourced.
Visit https://antar.org.au/ for more detailed information.
2019 Close the Gap Report – Our Choices, Our Voices
Download the report HERE
Paul House performing the Welcome to Country
Mick Gooda speaking as MC of the Event
The Hon. Fiona Nash speaking at the Event
Allied Health Professions Australia (AHPA) Chairperson Lyn Littlefield speaks at the Event
Indigenous Allied Health Australia (IAHA) Chairperson Faye McMillan speaks at the Event