Registered health practitioners and students: What you need to know about the COVID-19 vaccine rollout
The National Boards and Ahpra have published a joint statement on March 9th to help registered health practitioners and students understand what’s expected of them in giving, receiving and advising on and sharing information about COVID-19 vaccines.
- A joint position statement was published about National Boards’ expectations of registered health practitioners and students in relation to COVID-19 vaccines.
- Registered health practitioners have led the remarkable public health response to the COVID-19 pandemic in Australia, and we commend them for this sustained public health response.
- As the national vaccination program gets underway, registered health practitioners and students remain critical to this success by:
- being vaccinated against COVID-19 unless medically contraindicated
- being appropriately qualified and trained to administer COVID-19 vaccines if authorised, and
- providing accurate information and advice about COVID-19 vaccination including in social media and advertising.
Continue Reading: https://www.ahpra.gov.au/News/2021-03-09-vaccination-statement.aspx
March 10, 2021
Categories: IAHA News
Posted by: Renae Kilmister